Non-steroidal anti-inflammatories is a mainstay for most inflammatory processes. These medications help take away inflammation which relieves pain.
- easy to give, daily oral medication
- targets ALL joints
- routine blood monitoring required
Adequan is an injection of a cartilage protector. This helps to boost cartilage in ALL joints of the body. Cartilage is soft tissue that protects bones from rubbing together and causing inflammation.
- injection targets ALL joints, not just one!
- easy to give injection that can be done at home or in clinic!
- no need for blood monitoring!
- There MUST be some cartilage left in the joint to have an effect (early intervention is best!)
PRP is a procedure in which we draw a small amount of blood from your pet, separate out the healing components and inject that portion back into the pet's injured joint. This is a way we can utilize the pet's own ability to heal by concentrating it and putting it exactly where we need it to go.
- only 1-2 treatments needed
- no systemic effects
- very pinpoint treatment
- sedation +/- ultrasound needed
Our laser is a class 3 therapeutic laser. During treatment, the laser is targeted to a specific area to increase cellular growth and rejuvenation of the healthy cells while killing the pain cells. Laser therapy can be beneficial for post surgical healing, chronic ear infections, wounds and arthritis just to name a few. To learn more about laser therapy, click here.
- quicker healing AND pain relief in the same treatment
- no medicine = no systemic effects
- multiple treatments sometimes needed
Pets can become misaligned along their spine due to a variety of ailments ranging from general arthritis to urinary tract infections to TMJ issues. Often times, animals over compensate for pain in their legs by utilizing their core. This can cause misalignment and add pain to an already painful body. Sometimes, even just one adjustment can relieve a lot of built up pain. To learn more about our chiropractic service, click here.
- non-medicated pain relief
- quick, painless appointment
- often times, regular (usually monthly) appts add even more benefit!
Monthly, long-lasting injections for your pet’s pain. Monoclonal antibody that acts on pain cells released by arthritis in joints. Librela is specifically for dogs and it’s similar counterpart, Solensia is given to cats.
- No systemic effects or lab work needed